KDE and OpenSSL = Broken

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 12 12:24:05 PDT 2006

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 11:14:44AM -0700, walt wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

>> For example, when I search my /usr/pkg/lib/kde3/ I find very few libs
>> linked against libcrypto, and nothing that looks relevant to konqueror.

> They are using dlopen only, not normal linkage.

I don't understand the implications of that, unfortunately :o(

I'll point out one more thing (which may be obvious to you, but it
wasn't obvious to me):

When I do 'strings libkio.so' on linux and FreeBSD, I see this:

KDE SSL Information
configure
1launchConfig()
2048 (High Grade)
1024 (Medium Grade)
768  (Low Grade)
512  (Low Grade)
OpenSSL
/usr/lib/
/usr/ssl/lib/
/usr/local/lib/
/usr/local/openssl/lib/
/usr/local/ssl/lib/
/opt/openssl/lib/
libssl.so.0.9.7
libssl.so
libssl.so.0
libcrypto.so.0.9.7
libcrypto.so
libcrypto.so.0

but I don't see any of that in DragonFly.

libkio.so is *not* linked against libcrypto.so on any of the
three systems, which leaves me wondering why those strings are
embedded in the library in the first place.  Can you give me a
bone-head simple explanation?

Thanks for all your hard work!