KDE and OpenSSL = Broken

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 12 11:14:44 PDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> The latter two look bad, all_ciphers and all_digests are supposed to be
> present. Can you ktrace it whether it opens and mmaps libcrypto.so.4?

Joerg, I'm running DF-current, and I'm still getting the missing symbols
from libcrypto also.

*But*, what's weird is that ktrace shows /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.4 being
opened (sucessfully) dozens of times -- and I still get the missing
symbols anyway.

The only thing I can think of is that there is still at least one more
kde lib which *needs* to be linked against libcrypto.

For example, when I search my /usr/pkg/lib/kde3/ I find very few libs
linked against libcrypto, and nothing that looks relevant to konqueror.

What about your machine?