Postgresql HOWTO?

Joseph Garcia bsd_usr at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 14:48:04 PDT 2006

Yo Adrian! ;)

What a bummer. I had totally written a How-To for PostgreSQL 8.0
installation but it was on the old wiki site. The one that went down.
I'm not sure if it was backed up or not, but I didn't have a backup. I
wish I had backup of that.

It seems as though things have gotten better for PostgreSQL in terms of
installation. The last time I installed it, I had to add the PostgreSQL
user and group manually and stuff.

After reading through some the posts in this thread, I learned something
regarding how to have the rc scripts installed. Cool!

I always just copied them manually from the examples to
/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d although I'm  still confused if this is the correct
place to the put th rc scripts or if they should go to /etc/rc.d
instead. There was a discussion about this awhile back (this goes for rc
scripts in general I think).

I need to get 8.1 installed. Now you got me interested in this Gallery
thing. I've been taking alot of pictures lately so it would be cool to
put them up like that.

Anyway, good job!

Joey