ftpd is slow

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 06:54:54 PST 2006

On 10/30/06, Eugene <communique at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eli Green wrote:
> Is your FTP daemon doing reverse DNS lookups on an unfindable address?
> That can significantly slow the connection down.
So, does FTP daemon look for addresses like 192.168.1.1 in a DNS base by
default? And how can I turn this off?
You can test whether it is a DNS problem by putting following line in
/etc/hosts:
192.168.1.1 test-machine
By the way, my DNS replies very slowly, too, and I have a problem with
my provider's DNS, because the last one drops about 30% of my machine's
requests.
Best Regards,
sephe
--