updating from 1.6.2 to 1.7.x

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Fri Oct 27 06:31:13 PDT 2006

On 2006-10-27 13:51, Saverio Iacovelli wrote:
1) I don't want recompile from zero the system, but
only the missing pieces.
# cvsup -h <host>
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-src-supfile
where <host> is any of the mirrors offering cvsup-
access from the list
at www.dragonflybsd.org's download-section.
Can it be
http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/snapshots/src/src-Devel.tar.bz2
an example of src-supfile?
As others have pointed out, this is a snapshot of the /usr/src directory
and will also work. However if you already have the source-code
installed (though not the most recent version) it will often be faster
with cvsup since it only fetches those files that have been changed.

chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de does provide the cvsup service so you can use:

#cvsup -h chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-preview-supfile

to download the sources for the latest preview-release (notice that I
changed the name of the sup-file from DragonFly-src-supfile to
DragonFly-preview-supfile, the former will give you HEAD instead of
preview).

--
Erik Wikström