Problem with ssh connection

David Cuthbert dacut at kanga.org
Wed Oct 25 10:09:29 PDT 2006

Vladimir Mitiouchev wrote:
On 25 Oct 2006 13:38:43 GMT, Oliver Fromme
How does that work on the console, exactly?  How
do you feed your public key into getty(8)?  I don't
think that's supported.
Sorry, i missed "console", this thread is about ssh, as You say. :-)
Heh... I was going to say: I have a hard enough time remembering the
password to my work account (which changes every 30 days <sigh>).
Computing an RSA decrypt/encrypt round using only pen and paper will
take a bit of time...

We did have an incident at work where the Windows folks accidentally
pushed out a config change which switched all of the keyboard layouts to
Dvorak.  Not quite as brain-intensive, but it was still interesting to
watch folks struggling to key in their passwords.