watchdog timeout with nfe(4)

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 02:53:58 PDT 2006

On 2006-10-23, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
>Eli Green wrote:
>>The ridiculous popularity of the nForce boards usually means that drivers
>>get written for the important components. Once I've got the network card
>>working, I'll try the FreeBSD HDA patch that somebody posted recently and
>>see if the sound card works -- it should, I'm pretty sure it's an intel
>>chipset.
>
>the HDA driver works on the CSM, that's what i am using here to test it :)
>
>to the nfe:  i tested a preliminary version from sephe, but didn't have
>oportunity to switch this since the import - i'm still using the nv driver.
>
>cheers
>  simon

Cool!

For the network card, are you using any special sysctl settings to get
it to work? I tried the nv driver and didn't have any more luck with it
than with nfe. Even nvidia is encouraging people to use the open source
BTW, have you tried polling(4)?
What's the output of `ifconfig nfe0`?
driver (on Linux, anyway) rather than the one they wrote (wierdos).

It's possible that when I tried nv, I tried it after having loaded nfe
and the card may have been in a strange state. Whenever I load nfe in
I think you should unload nfe before load nv

DragonFly, I then need to power the machine off completely before
Windows can use the card.
Some registers are quite sticky ;-), I needed to power off computer
for 3min if I nuked some re(4) PHY registers
Best Regards,
sephe
--
Live Free or Die