Ncursesw & Unicode

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Tue Oct 10 02:04:47 PDT 2006

Vladimir Mitiouchev wrote:
On 10/9/06, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode at xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought we support wide chars in ncurses, though not all
functions, but I might be mistaken.  A first step would be finding
out what is needed and checking if that is possible to support
with our current infrastructure.
Configure program was searching for ncursesw, so I've compiled
devel/ncurses from pkgsrc with
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-widec
I don't know what wide-char functions cmus is using.
configure:      if check_library NCURSES "" -lncursesw
If all functions in gnu ncursesw are included in DF ncurses,
symlinking should be enough. I think. ;-)
maybe you can find out if ncurses usually just symlinks libncursesw and libncurses.  maybe we also need to link two distinct libs.

cheers
 simon
signature.asc