Network Slowdowns?

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Sat Oct 7 03:19:08 PDT 2006

Jamie wrote:

*SNIP* (all details already posted)

> (I use 3Com on all machines)

Without digressing into decades of *why*, I can just about guarantee that
replacing the offending card with almost-anything-else, from el-cheapo Realtek
to Gig-E Intel, probable exception of anything-SiS, will cure the problem
without further ado.

Cost you perhaps US$ 10 to try that if you don't already have some other make of
NIC handy.

3Com seem to fall into either 'solved all problems' or 'created a problem'
extremes all too often.

We *always* replace 3Com on general principal when encountered, and at our own
(not client) expense. Not about right or wrong, its about what works *always*
and what doesn't always work.

The time saved the past dozen years has been more than worth the very modest
cost of replacement NIC's.  Life is too short .... etc.

JM2CW

Bill