IPv6 mtu autoconfiguration

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Tue Oct 31 06:48:32 PST 2006

Op maandag 30 oktober 2006 12:56, schreef Francois Tigeot:
> Hi all,
>
> I am experimenting with IPv6 on a small LAN. All machines use
> Dragonfly-1.6.x.
> The gateway uses a PPPoE ADSL modem, and so is unable to route
> packets > 1492 bytes.

You can sidestep the whole problem if you can get the modem to do bridging
mode. This is also a way more reliable solution. I think that almost all *DSL
providers support this. Have yet to come across one that doesn't.

With bridging mode you can throw that shakey pppoe solution in the circular
filing cabinet and use a plain dhcp client to get an IP, default gateway and
whatever.

Cheers,
Emiel
--
There are many times when you want it to ignore the rest of the string just
like atof() does.  Oddly enough, Perl calls atof().  How convenient.  :-)