watchdog timeout with nfe(4)

Eli Green eli at geeky.net
Sun Oct 22 15:53:45 PDT 2006

The version in Preview seems to be fairly recent. Imported from OpenBSD 2006-06-17, updated as recently as September.

I've got some CDRW's lying around, I'll give FreeBSD a shot. Linux 2.6.something worked fine (Arch Linux, stock kernel). I'll see if there's anything in the changelogs for the Linux driver specifically for this chip. Could the problem be in the e1000phy driver? It has diverged more heavily from its roots than the nfe driver has, I think.

The ridiculous popularity of the nForce boards usually means that drivers get written for the important components. Once I've got the network card working, I'll try the FreeBSD HDA patch that somebody posted recently and see if the sound card works -- it should, I'm pretty sure it's an intel chipset.