Xen vs VMware

Kevin L. Kane kevin.kane at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:53:27 PDT 2006

On 10/18/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Generally speaking I prefer the VMWare concept over the Xen concept.
    Xen actually has to run two operating systems, one serving as the
    master and the other as the 'guest' OS, and this compounds the
    number of potential bugs you might run into a lot more then a machine
    emulator does.
The master and guest relationship exists inside the VMWare model as
well.  I don't see how Xen is any more or less bug prone.  They are
just two approaches at acheiving the exact same goal.  And with the
new VT hardware, guest operating systems no longer need to be Xen
aware or ported.
As an aside has anyone tried using DragonFly under Xen with the VT
enabled hardware?
-Kevink

--
Kevin L. Kane