Network Slowdowns?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Oct 17 14:25:34 PDT 2006

:Done. It's funny that I thought of uploading the asf file but not the
:modules... :P
:
:        -Richard

    Ok.  Very odd.  It seems to crashing in pf_change_a(), called from
    line 3854 of net/pf/pf.c.  It shouldn't be possible for it to crash
    there.

    Do me a favor and try turning off MMX optimized memory copies by
    placing the following in your /boot/loader.conf:

    kern.mmxopt=0

    Tell me if that fixes the problem.  It shouldn't actually be doing an
    optimized mmx copy for a 4-byte sequence, but perhaps there is a bug
    in the assembly code that is handling small copies.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>