Network Slowdowns?

Jamie nospam at geniegate.com
Wed Oct 11 06:23:51 PDT 2006

Just to let anyone know..

As pr. sephe's instructions I did this:

line 433 in /usr/src/sys/dev/netif/xl/if_xlreg.h

Changed this:

#define XL_MIN_FRAMELEN 60

To this:

#define XL_MIN_FRAMELEN 240

I don't know what that did though?

So far, no errors but file copies are still slow. Makes me suspect the
underrun errors weren't related?

About ~ 1 mb/sec across a 100mbs ethernet connection. Correct me if I'm
wrong, but shouldn't this be closer to 5-10 megabytes/sec, assuming 100mbs
is "bits pr. second" and NFS had a rather large overhead? (say, 1/2 of it
is protocol related?)

The ifconfig up/down trick doesn't seem to make a difference at this point.

NFS still locks up as well. (I just did a cat /dev/zero >$NFS_MOUNTED_PATH/zero)
and it (NFS) froze)

Wish I had used dd instead... can't seem to CTRL-C the cat process now. :-/

Jamie
--
http://www.geniegate.com                    Custom web programming
guhzo_42 at xxxxxxxxx (rot13)                User Management Solutions