bmake not killing childrens (going way off-topic)

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 2 05:20:20 PDT 2006

Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
There are these times when things just go horribly wrong, yesterday my
new boss (who barely touches a computer) saw me rebooting a old FBSD4
server and asked me what that devil was, ok after some explaining he
more or less believed me.

Now he came into my office and looked at my laptop which has this thread
open and asked me who bmake was and why should he kill the children.

He didn't waited for the explanation but I guess he thinks I'm sort of
in a devil worship group which frequently sacrifice children, the good
thing is that he avoided me the rest of the day so I finally finish my
tasks :-)

It gets even funnier, today I was reading upon some jail documentation
and discussing with my college if we could move the user shell box to a
jail environment. Of course our discussion was overheard and I was
summoned by my new boss to present myself to the board of directors, for
my plan of "throwing users into a jail". I wonder if I can hold my face
straight when they question me :-)

--
mph