external usb hard drive

Bryan Berch dfbsd at winbeam.com
Sun Oct 1 19:07:26 PDT 2006

Sascha Wildner wrote:
Bryan Berch wrote:
I got a usb external hard drive that is 160 gb, but I can not mount
it.  I get the error "too big sorry".   I can mount it in FreeBsd 6.1
by adding the following option in my custom kernel.

option             MSDOSFS_LARGE

I didn't find that option in DragonFlyBSD LINT.  Is it there and I
missed it or is there another way to mount it.  I don't really want
to repartition the drive.
We don't have MSDOSFS_LARGE, unfortunately. I remember ~90GB being the
maximum size I could mount on a DragonFly system. YMMV.

Sascha

I was wondering what the limit was.  Searching the internet, it seems
that 128 gb is the limit for the bsd's to read.  Should have searched
first.  Only got the 160 gb because of the good sale price, otherwise it
would have been an 80 gb.

I guess the only way to use it then would be to repartition?

Bryan