Site layout suggestion

Magnus Eriksson magetoo at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 24 11:18:11 PDT 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

I can't duplicate this on a Mac or on DragonFly - Mozilla 1.5.0.7 in both
cases, though, as there's no 1.5.0.3 available.  Can anyone else verify?
Any Opera users handy?
  Probably irrelevant now, but it looks good in Opera 9.01.

  base7.html looks better as there apparently are no fixed-width elements.
The only annoying bit is that the "menu" text on the left has exactly zero
margin between lines.  (same in previous version)

  The only bad part is that it doesn't look as nice as what's on the site
now in Opera's "user mode"; or in links.  The main text gets pushed down
below the menu, but maybe that's unavoidable.

  Anyway, the general idea is nice.  As long as someone is interested in
polishing the details, I'd say it's good.

MAgnus