System unable to finish loading with the current HEAD

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Fri Oct 20 23:10:45 PDT 2006

I reverted back to kernel compiled on 1st of October and it works again,
so the problem came to be between yesterday and 1st of October. I'll
give boot -v and compiling the least amount of drivers a shot.

Petr

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Hi,
:Im unable to boot my workstation with the current HEAD kernel. The boot
:seems to go ok up untill
:
:uhub2: port error, restarting port 1
:uhub2: port error, giving up port 1
:
:And then it just restarts without any panic. Any advise on how to debug it?
:
:Cheers,
:Petr

    This could be a tough one.  Does it boot on an older ISO?

    Sometimes having it boot with the console on the serial port yields
    more information.  boot -v might help in addition to that.  If we can't
    get any clues from that you could try compiling up a kernel with as
    many drivers as possible removed (leaving just the console/video/disk
    driver).  If it is a SMP box you could try booting with a UP kernel.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>