update of sound infrastructure

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Fri Oct 20 04:43:38 PDT 2006

Hmmm, this patch causes my system to restart while loading, always on:

uhub2: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub2: port error, restarting port 1
uhub2: port error, giving up port 1
Then restart, without any panic. Actually Im not sure if its the patch
or the current HEAD. Moving back to the old kernel fixes it. I'll try
compiling HEAD without your patch later tonight.

Petr

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Petr Janda wrote:

This error only occurs when I include

device   sound

in the kernel config. Whats wrong with that?

nothing :)  i had a mistake in my code.  thanks for reporting.  i've
updated the patch and it should work now.
cheers
  simon