Cable internet

David Cuthbert dacut at kanga.org
Tue Oct 17 22:21:08 PDT 2006

Bryan Berch wrote:
So as long as you get a ethernet cable modem there should be no problem
connecting?
Nope.  It's a fairly standard DHCP configuration.

Is there any thing special in configuring it to work with dragonfly or
is it just dhcp?
My DragonFly box doesn't actually connect directly; I use a different
machine as a firewall.  And you will definitely want a very restrictive
firewall configuration; the number of daily hack attempts and portscans
I get is staggering.  (But this is hardly unique to Comcast.)