notebook compliant with Dfly 1.6.x

Thomas Schlesinger schlesinger at netcologne.de
Sat Oct 14 04:09:23 PDT 2006

Am Samstag, 14. Oktober 2006 11:47 schrieb Saverio Iacovelli:
> I want buy a notebook, where I will install also
> DragonFly. What are the better choice in this matter:
>

> 1) there are the trademarks better than other for
> hardware compatility (Acer or Asus...)

Saverio,

may be you should have a look at FreeBSD hardware compatibility lists and on
http://tuxmobil.org/mobile_bsd.html for first informations.

If you have some "notebooks of choice", you should find out about their
network, sound etc. chips and find out, if DFly supports them.

> 2) and what models of notebook you recommend me for
> hardware compatility

I would like to suggest to go into a notebook shop with a DFly CD and boot
the "candidates" there, if possible.  Check dmesg and try out to load modules
for sound, network, etc.

I use an Asus V6835VLP notebook. I have a minor issue with ACPI (can
be "fixed" with debug.acpi.disabled="sysresource" in /boot/loader.conf) and
problems with in X11 with the built-in ATI Mobility X600.

Thomas