Network Slowdowns?

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 07:20:49 PDT 2006

On 11 Oct 2006 13:23:51 GMT, Jamie <nospam at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
#define XL_MIN_FRAMELEN 240

I don't know what that did though?
Your xl(4) will not start TXing, if entire packet is > 240bytes and
less then 240bytes has been transfered to hardware buffer

So far, no errors but file copies are still slow. Makes me suspect the
underrun errors weren't related?
Mmm, it seems not related then ...

About ~ 1 mb/sec across a 100mbs ethernet connection. Correct me if I'm
wrong, but shouldn't this be closer to 5-10 megabytes/sec, assuming 100mbs
is "bits pr. second" and NFS had a rather large overhead? (say, 1/2 of it
is protocol related?)
You mean it is slow on both RXing and TXing, or just on RXing?

BTW, please post dmesg of boot -v if possible, thanks.

Best Regards,
sephe
--
Live Free or Die