where is cvsup?

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Thu Oct 5 16:14:03 PDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 11:53:11AM -0700, walt wrote:
> Charles Allen wrote:
> > The csup client (implementing the cvsup client protocol in C) in the
> > FreeBSD 6.x base distribution has been working fine for awhile.
>
> I find that it works very well on FBSD, but on DF it chokes
> with a 'protocol error' each time it finds a file which needs
> updating.  Do you get better results?

updater.c lacks support for two commands that are needed to deal
with newphrases(any unknown phrases in the current implementation)
in RCS file.

Please try this:
$ cd
$ fetch http://les.ath.cx/DragonFly/dfly-csup.tar.gz
$ cd /usr/src
$ tar zxf ~/dly-csup.tar.gz
$ cpdup ~freebsd/projects/csup contrib/csup
$ cd usr.bin/csup
$ make obj && make depend && make && make install

The csup source in contrib/csup directory in FreeBSD tree
doesn't have the fix to queue.h, so it produces (unharmful) warnings.

Cheers.