watchdog timeout with nfe(4)

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sun Oct 22 07:56:56 PDT 2006

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006, Eli Green wrote:

> On 2006-10-22, Eli Green wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm having problems with the onboard ethernet on a new motherboard (ASUS
> > A8N-VM CSM) which is the GeForce 6150 / nForce 430 combination board...

Our nfe driver appears to be well over a year old, and mentions nForce3,
but not nForce4.  Is it feasible for you to try booting an install disk
from a recent FreeBSD to see if it works with your mobo?

I don't have any nForce mobos, but only because I'm still uncertain about
driver support from opensource projects.  Every weekend I'm sorely tempted
to buy an AMD multi-core mobo special from my local hardware-hacker store,
but most of them have nForce chipsets, and I certainly don't need another
useless Windows box :o(