italian community

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Wed Nov 29 04:37:50 PST 2006

The forums would serve for pure user-2-user communication. Its clear
that to communicate with the devs, submit bugs, or other development
related stuff one has to use the mailing list. To combine with mailing
list, the forum could have a web interface to post to the mailing list.
I dont think  you guys have to be bothered with questions such as. "how
do i set service xxx to start during boot?" or "why doesnt my mouse work
in Xorg?", the fact that there could  be multilingual communities is in
my opinion a good idea because italians could speak italian, german to
german in their native language without being bothered with translation.

Petr

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
Petr Janda wrote:
What is being proposed is a discussion forum, something like
bsdforums just much simpler and with search engine and only DragonFly
specific, which would allow to have english, italian, german,
spanish, etc, communities _without_ having to post to a mailing list,
just by registering.
as said many times before:  we don't want diversity in communication
media.  developers and other members of the community do not like web
fora.  those two facts combined mean that there is no point in
creating a forum:

1. no developers will use it, thus problems will not be solved
2. developers AND forum users will be upset, because they can not
communicate with each other anymore

solution:
1. don't make a forum
2. create a forum which uses the mailing lists as backend
cheers
 simon