sk: jumbo buffer

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 17:20:20 PST 2006

On 12/1/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
:Please test following patch:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/sk.diff
:
:I have done some preliminary netperf testing of above patch, so it
:should be safe to be used.  However, I will wait another two weeks for
:the testing result in your enviroment before committing it.
:
:Best Regards,
:sephe
    I didn't run through the entire patch but will it do the right
    thing if you ifconfig the mtu to a jumbo size after the interface
    is up?
Sure, it will reinit the NIC and configure various regs that have
something to do with Jumbo buffer support, since IFF_RUNNING is
cleared in sk_ioctl() :-).  sk_stop() in sk_init() will do the correct
thing too, since sk_if_softc.sk_use_jumbo is changed after it is
called.
Best Regards,
sephe
--