sk: jumbo buffer

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 00:47:29 PST 2006

Please test following patch:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/sk.diff
I have done some preliminary netperf testing of above patch, so it
should be safe to be used.  However, I will wait another two weeks for
the testing result in your enviroment before committing it.
Best Regards,
sephe
On 11/30/06, Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:

> We can handle it this way:
> 1) jumbo ring is still created during attaching, but in addition we
> create a bunch of dmamap for RX mcluster on attach patch too
> 2) in ifnet.if_init()'s RX buffer initialization, if ifnet.if_mtu >
> (ETHERMTU + ETHER_HDR_LEN + ETHER_CRC_LEN) then we use jumbo ring,
> else we use mcluster.
>
> I will give you a patch to try either today or tomorrow.
Many-many thanks in advance. I have experienced it on another bridge,
both interfaces are at 100FD there.

--
Live Free or Die