Preview tag bumped

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Nov 28 19:34:59 PST 2006

:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     The preview tag has been synchronized to HEAD.  Things seem fairly
:>     stable and there have been a lot of important commits made in recent
:>     weeks.
:
:Thanks a lot, been waiting for this for a while.
:
:>
:>     The next major release (1.8) is slated for January.  I hope to have
:>     at least a basic userland kernel binary operating by then.
:
:Umm, are any more additions planned besides this and the source tree
:reorganisation (and NULLFS)?

    Well, there have been a huge number of improvements made to drivers,
    particularly network drivers, and pkgsrc works a whole lot better.
    GCC-4.1 is in the tree now.  Those are the most visible changes.

    There have been considerable changes made under the hood as part of
    the SYSLINK infrastructure for the clustering goals, the BGL has been
    pushed in more, and a lot of bugs have been fixed.

    When we get closer to the release I'll run through the commit logs to
    create a summary.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>