ACPI: getting front-panel power button to cause shutdown

David Murray dave at nospam.murray.name
Tue Nov 28 13:07:07 PST 2006

Hi Tomokazu,

On 28/11/06 8:59 am, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 08:04:26PM +0000, David Murray wrote:
I'm trying to get the front-panel power button to shut the system
down (cleanly).
Pressing the power button delivers an interrupt to the acpi driver...
so the first step is to see if an interrupt is delivered to the acpi
driver.
$ vmstat -i |grep acpi
(press power button)
$ vmstat -i |grep acpi
Thanks for the suggestion.  The interrupt count stays firmly at zero, so
it looks like I see the same as you do for machines with this problem.

I'm not sure what has to be right to cause the interrupt to be generated
- presumably there's some sort of interaction between the driver and the
ASL.  I'll try fiddling with the BIOS settings, but I don't think
there's much I can change.  I seem to remember that setting PnP OS to
"yes" made things much worse!

--
Dave Murray