COMPAQ Pentium4 dies on boot.

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 14:24:16 PST 2006

On 20/11/06, Glen Johnson <gjohnson at xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
. ..
Over the past year I have downloaded both versions 1.4 and 1.6 to see
how they run on some COMPAQ computers.  Both of these versions do not
work on these COMPAQ computers.  Here is what I do see before it dies.
    DragonFly/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
    (root @, Sun Jul 23 15:51:45 PDT 2006)

    Dump of CPU registers.
    BTX halted
Try to set "active" flag only on the partition with dfly, and remove
this flag from other partitions. Any fdisk or alike, which does not
screwup the partition table, would do (linux, win2000).
-regards