ipw3945 WLAN driver

Thomas Schlesinger schlesinger at netcologne.de
Sun Nov 19 02:28:18 PST 2006

Johannes Hofmann schrieb:
Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am Dienstag, 14. November 2006 18:40 schrieb Thomas Schlesinger:

Hi,

are there plans to port the ipw3945 driver from OpenBSD in the near future?

Thomas

Ok, I take this as "no" ;-)

Hi Thomas, if you have the hardware to test it, you could try to do
it yourself. Should not be too hard as Sephe has synced the 802_11 stuff
with the other BSDs.

   Johannes

I'll have an ipw3945-equipped notebook (a Thinkpad R60 with Core Duo
CPU) next week, but I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how to port
device drivers. Can I just copy over the ipw3945 driver from OpenBSD or
the alpha driver from FreeBSD into DragonFly's source tree and compile
it without modifications?

Thomas