FTP Mirror created on pubbox.net

Armin Arh armin at pubbox.net
Wed Nov 15 12:41:03 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 09:08:49PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > Would it be worth looking at mirrors for Joerg's pkgsrc binaries, too?
> I don't think a mirror in Berlin will offer much help :-)

can't spend more than 40GB disk space anyway..

On moving to my next box, maybe someone could give me a little advice:
How could i install Dragonfly without inserting boot media directly
into the box, such as CDs, floppy disks etc...

I'll get a new dedicated server with some Linux preinstalled (Great :-)
Took me a lot of time to turn such a box into FreeBSD the last time...
. ..did not accomplish booting OpenBSD, god knows why.
(depenguin-1.1 did a lot of strange things, then, finally i got it)

I am not familiar with the insides of that MBR stuff on i386.
Can a boot floppy image work when written to hard disk?

Armin
--
PUBBOX Postmaster + spam-killer. Free email addresses at http://pubbox.net/