DFly vs other BSD

Liam J. Foy liamfoy at sepulcrum.org
Mon Nov 13 08:08:14 PST 2006

I would be interesting if you posted results and your methods too :-)

On 13 Nov 2006, at 15:35, Haidut wrote:

I am currently trying to run some benchmarks for PostgreSQL and MySQL
running on Dfly 1.6.2, PC-BSD (FreeBSD 6.1/6.2), NetBSD 3.1, OpenBSD
4.0, and Linux 2.6.x (Ubuntu). I've yet to find MySQL benchmarking
tools that compile and run on all of the above OS but "pgbench" for
PostgreSQL runs fine and so far it looks like it runs considerably
faster on Dfly than FreeBSD. Please note that there is no kernel
tuning or other OS optimizations. I am just interested in generic
off-the-shelf install performance.
I believe there have been quite a few articles (and even books)
discussing how database benchmarking results can be interpreted to
infer overall OS performance.
So, when I am done I'll email my results to this list.