filesystem hierarchy

Thomas E. Zander riggs at rrr.de
Fri Nov 10 07:28:41 PST 2006

Hello,

Am Fri, dem 10. Nov 2006, um 12:57 +0100 Uhr schrubte Trismegistos
zum Thema [filesystem hierarchy]:

> I've saw the gobolinux project (www.gobolinux.org). They have change
> the filesystem, and they are using the filesystem as a package
> manager.

This idea isn't new at all.
Some people have been doing this for ages when installing software
manually, outside the package manager's scope.
The pkgsrc framework used in DF is supposed to support this symlinking
approach to a certain extent (you might want to google for 'pkgviews'),
and the 'macports' package management installs all its packages into
distinct directories for quite some time now.

Riggs

--
- Now the world has gone to bed  | Now I lay me down to sleep        -
-- Darkness won't engulf my head | Try to count electric sheep      --