Problem with 'core pointer' (Xorg)

Eli Green eli at geeky.net
Thu Nov 9 10:30:15 PST 2006

I believe /dev/sysmouse is created by moused, it will only exist if
you're running it.
If you have no use for moused, just put /dev/ums0 (USB) or /dev/psm0
(PS/2) in your xorg config. If you want console mousing (moused never
seemed to be as useful as gpm to me, but I'll bet it is if you set it up
right), just add these to rc.conf:
moused_enable="YES"
moused_port="/dev/psm0" # or /dev/ums0
moused_type="auto" # may need to specify if ps/2, not sure
'vga' doesn't support much. What kind of card is it? There aren't many
cards that are totally unsupported by x.org ... although most are
partially unsupported (insert rant about closed specs here).
Failing that, you might be able to use "vesa" instead of "vga", which
will should you a 24-bit display.