Website change plans

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:50:08 PST 2006

Petr Janda wrote:

> Doesnt happen in Firefox, so I suspect its Konqueror itself. Would be
>
> nice if someone could confirm it.
[snip]
>>> And to add to  this, dragonflybsd.org will officialy be on my list of
>>> website to avoid visiting because Konqueror has some problems with it
>>> (when the mouse cursor or other window is over the image or the menu the
>>> cursor becomes very jerky)
>>
>> There's nothing very complex happening here; I suspect there's something
>> odd with your video, perhaps?  Can someone else with KDE installed
>> confirm this?

I took a quick look using Konqueror in KDE 3.5.3 on my FreeBSD 6.1 box and I
do not see what the OP describes. I suspect the problem described is with
the OP's box and not the Web site (could, of course, be wrong, but I don't
see it in my particular situation).

However, in experimenting with the Dinamica java framework and Resin3 I did
discover that some of the Javascript code that gets used in the framework
is broken, it seems, only with Konqueror as it appears to be fine with
other browsers. This indicates to me that Konqueror has some issue(s) with
Javascript support.

-Mike