lukemftpd revisited

Peter Avalos pavalos at theshell.com
Wed Nov 8 12:01:33 PST 2006

Just over a year ago, Carl Schmidt brought up an interesting question
regarding lukemftpd:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2005-09/msg00111.html

In it and in the response Carl basically asks what's the deal with
having lukemftpd in base, and if people prefer lukemftpd to the standard
ftpd then why not make lukemftpd the standard ftpd?

And Matt Dillon responded with a "no":

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2005-09/msg00113.html

Then Carl asks why not remove lukemftpd from the src tree:

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2005-09/msg00114.html

and it appears he never receives a response.

So, since Matt doesn't want lukemftpd as our ftpd and since lukemftpd
(aka tnftpd) is available from pkgsrc, why don't we remove lukemftpd
from our src tree?

--Peter
pgp00000.pgp