re sound infrastructure

Ezra Drummond ezra at cwjamaica.com
Wed Nov 1 04:57:42 PST 2006

Hi Simon,
       Thanks for the update and the inclusion off the Intel high
definition sound driver. I was able to get my sound card working with
your patch, but here is my problem, i am unable to play audio with
mpg321 or ogg123, but xmms and vlc plays just fine. Another thing is i
am unable to control the sound card with the mixer program. Here is a
output of my dmesg:
pcm0: <Intel 82801G High Definition Audio Controller> mem 0xeffebffff
irq 10 at device 27.0 on pci0
pcm0: no softpcm support available
pcm0: <HDA Codec: Sigmatel STAC9220>
pcm0: <HDA Driver Revision: 20061009_0031>

Thanks again for your work and i look forward for an update.