Setting the processor speed

Erik Wikström erik-wikstrom at telia.com
Tue May 9 05:38:07 PDT 2006

On 2006-05-09 13:07, Thomas Schlesinger wrote:
Hi,

is there a tool available to set the processor speed (not the throttling) for
Pentium-M CPUs?
Depending on what you need it for you can make a simple shell script
setting the sysctl hw.acpi.cpu.throttle_state, or you could write a
small program polling the battery-state and setting the speed based on that.

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure