Google Summer of Code 2006

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon May 8 14:02:26 PDT 2006

On Mon, May 8, 2006 1:08 pm, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> On Mon, 8 May 2006 09:44:53 -0700 (PDT)
> Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> :
>> :Any plans to put up DragonFly for Summer of Code 2006?
>> ::)
>> :~Robert
>>
>>     It doesn't look like its gonna happen.  Google apparently doesn't
>>     think we meet the criteria.
>
> And what are the criteria ?

http://code.google.com/soc/tos.html
http://code.google.com/soc/mentorfaq.html#2

I think it may be in part that we weren't in it last year, as returning
organizations got preference, and there's already several BSD flavors in.
Next year, though...

I'm surprised they don't support documentation work; just code.  If there
was something most open source projects need...