Making a Vinum-based Root Volume Accessible to the Bootstrap

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue May 2 05:50:07 PDT 2006

On Tue, May 2, 2006 7:31 am, Petr Janda wrote:
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/vinum-root.html
>
> Is this still valid? Or has the FreeBSD 5 vinum been ported to DragonFly?
>
> If it is still valid, can anyone go through the steps with me? I find it
> quite
> confusing and I dont want to make my system unbootable.
>
> I mean like 1) do this 2) do that 3) done

I haven't been paying direct attention, but as far as I know, it's the
FreeBSD 4 version of Vinum, and it hasn't been heavily used/tested with
all the other changes that have gone into DragonFly.

I would think that ZFS will supersede most of Vinum's features; it may not
help right now, but it would be easier to deal with when it comes along.