Any serious production servers yet?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue May 30 14:05:08 PDT 2006

:On 2006-05-29, Danial Thom <danial_thom at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:> Is anyone using DragonflyBSD in any serious
:> production servers  yet? Any feelings about how
:> it measures up in its current state
:> performance-wise?
:
:We run firewalls on DragonFlyBSD with pf.  We are very pleased with the
:performance and only had one small problem with ftp-proxy which is resolved
:as described here:
:
:http://www.dbnet.ece.ntua.gr/~adamo/howto/DragonFlyBSD/ftp-proxy.txt
:
:Apart from that we are very very happy!

    Interesting.  Well, you *CAN* in fact bind inetd to one interface,
    but its via the command line (so you would run multiple instances of
    inetd), rather than an extension of the port specification in
    inetd.conf.

    The OpenBSD method looks cleaner, though.  It would be a nice little
    side project for someone to port the feature over to ours.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>