make buildkernel fails ...

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Mar 10 09:42:13 PST 2006

:Good morning,
:
:I am trying to get to 1.4.2, starting with a fresh CD install of 1.4.0 and cvsup the diff.  "make buildworld" completed
:successfully. "make buildkernel KERNELCONF=KERNEL1" is blowing up.  I have tried both the GENERIC kernel and a custom
:slimmed down kernel.  The same point in the build appears to be reached when it blows up using both kernels.
:
:The beginning of where things go bad starts below at the linking process. Output and kernel are available for inspection
:at
:
:www.dubium.com/kernel1.txt (capture of the compile) & www.dubium.com/KERNEL1  (the specific kernel)
:
:Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
:
:regards,
:Joe
:
:=========================================================
:
:<snip>
:
:linking kernel.debug^M
:advansys.o(.text+0x2e0): In function `adv_action':
:/usr/src/sys/dev/disk/advansys/advansys.c:125: undefined reference to `xpt_freeze_simq'
:advansys.o(.text+0x3d6):/usr/src/sys/dev/disk/advansys/advansys.c:286: undefined reference to `xpt_done'
:...
:
:<snip>

    Those are references to the SCSI driver.  You need to have the following
    lines in your kernel config:

# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

					-Mat
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>