(u)ral driver

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Mon Mar 13 14:12:48 PST 2006

Chris Rawnsley wrote:
# cvsup /usr/shar/cvsup/DragonFly-cvs-supfile
 So then the source downloaded to /home/dcvs. I then got myself a copy
of ral.diff.gz and extracted it to /tmp.
# cd /home/dcvs/src/sys
#patch -p0 /tmp/ral.diff
The patch seemed to apply successfully (although I cannot scroll up
enough to see fully. I know I can press scroll lock then use Page
Up/Down but it doesn't go far enough for me to see. Is there some way
I can increase this?).
Chris,

better late than never.

I'm surprised that you write the patch applied cleanly since it looks as
if you tried to apply it to your repository in /home/dcvs (which holds
the entire history of all source files, not just the current tree).

What you need to do before patching is to checkout a source tree from
this repository:

# cd /usr
# cvs -d /home/dcvs co src
This creates /usr/src. Try to apply the patch there and follow the
instructions in the build(7) man page to rebuild your system.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx