errno contain 672964768

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Mar 9 23:23:50 PST 2006

:I am trying to track down why ktrace shows
:RET     select -1 errno 4 Interrupted system call
:
:But errno has 672964768.
:
:The code uses selecterr = errno or
: selecterr = (* __error());
:
:selecterr is an int.
:
:And prints out that selecterr.
:
:Any ideas on where 672964768 is coming from?
:
: Jeremy C. Reed

    Yup.  That's &errno instead of errno.  I would expect that to occur
    if 'errno' is #define'd more then once since sys/errno.h basically
    depends on errno not already being defined.  When it is multiply
    defined the trick sys/errno.h uses breaks down and you wind up with
    a mess.

    I'll bet something in the program is trying to manually #define errno.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>