kdeutils3 from pkgsrc fails on superkaramba

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Wed Mar 1 18:42:14 PST 2006

elekktretterr at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Does misc/kdeutils3 just not work yet or is there a problem with my system?

superkaramba is one of those applications which wants to monitor
hardware things like memory usage, etc.  It is a bit like libgtop2
in the gnome world and will need special patching before it will
work on DragonFly.  I hope Joerg will find the time to fix it soon
;O)

Meanwhile, you can finish building kdeutils3 by editing one of the
top-level Makefiles to eliminate superkaramba from the kdeutils
package.

Alas, my DragonFly machine is not available to me just now, so I can
only try to recall what I did.  I believe that there is a variable
in a Makefile in kdeutils3 named topleveldir (maybe TOPLEVELDIR)
which gives a long list of directories for 'make' to build, and
one of those directories is named 'superkaramba'.  If you delete
that directory name then 'make' will skip over superkaramba and
you can finish building kdeutils without error.

If you have any questions, I should be able to answer them by
tomorrow.