Migrating data from ReiserFS partition to dfly and FBSD having problems to see DFBSD partitions

Jose timofonic soytimofonico at yahoo.es
Thu Mar 9 01:19:25 PST 2006

Hello,

I installed DragonFly BSD 1.4 quite some time ago. I
have also got a big ReiserFS partition on which I have
60GB+ of data.

I'm trying to move the data from the ReiserFS to a
DFBSD slice (UFS). Because DFBSD doesn't have ReiserFS
support so I'm trying to use a FBSD LiveCD but I need
to access /dev/ad0s1g (/home that is my big one
partition to write the data from the ReiserFS
partition) and FreeBSD LiveCDs only shows /dev/ad0
/dev/ad0s1 /dev/ad1 /dev/ad1s1 of all the two
available HDDs.

I can read the ReiserFS partition mounting ad1s1 under
FreeBSD because the partition is alone on the HDD.
/dev/ad0s1 is / partition.

My /etc/fstab :

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype
Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ad1s1a             /               ufs     rw
         1       1
/dev/ad1s1b             none            swap    sw
         0       0
/dev/ad1s1d             /var            ufs     rw
         2       2
/dev/ad1s1e             /tmp            ufs     rw
         2       2
/dev/ad1s1f             /usr            ufs     rw
         2       2
/dev/ad1s1g             /home           ufs     rw
         2       2
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw
         0       0

# disklabel /dev/ad0s1
disklabel: ioctl DIOCGDINFO: Invalid argument

Any ideas? I'm tired of probing *A LOT* of different
LiveCDs but unsucessful :(

Best regards,
timofonic

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.