openvpn packgea

Nazarov Pavel smb1987 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 04:06:44 PDT 2006

2006/6/12, Dmitri Nikulin <dnikulin at xxxxxxxxx>:
On 6/12/06, altnixsys at xxxxxxxxx <altnixsys at xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was install DFly from iso cd.
>
> Now I need connect DFly to internet.
> I use openvpn from my provider to internet connection.
>
> What package I need for install openvpn?
> Where it located?
/usr/pkgsrc/net/openvpn
Joerg has a package at
ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de/pkgsrc-stable/DragonFly/RELEASE/i386
However, don't use either of these. At least, last time I tried,
neither actually fixed OpenVPN to issue ifconfig and route commands
properly on DragonFly.
There are a couple of hand-hacks you must apply to use OpenVPN. You
might like to make a patch of this - I tried to but was caught up in
autoconfig nightmares. These are my notes from memory.
* DragonFly is not actually in the uname match list, but can just use
FreeBSD's entry (this makes the ifconfig and route commands work)
* DragonFly uses net/tun/if_tun.h, not net/if_tun.h - include this
(this becomes necessary if you use FreeBSD's entry)
  -- Dmitri Nikulin
Ifconfig and route issue can be manually solved by up-script - shell
file being executed after connection...I had built openvpn on dfbsd
and fbsd by hands and successfully connected two this machines, and,
besides, successfully get internet access at dfbsd using direct
internet connection at fbsd machine :)
Unfortunately, it's hardly possible for me to remember what i've
actually do to make openvpn working properly at dfbsd, but if you need
- i may try to calc diffs =)