System crashes but unsure why

Kevin L. Kane kevin.kane at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 07:15:39 PDT 2006

For a while now I get intermittent crashes on one of my dragonfly
machines currently using head as of 3 days ago.  Basically what
happens is i start to make buildworld, and ill let that run
overnight(its a pretty slow machine, dual 433mhz) the next morning the
buildworld will have finished but the machine is frozen, no error
messages anywhere that i can find, but the console is unusable and it
wont respond to pings.  Any ideas on how i can investigate whats
happening a little more thoroughly, maybe there are error messages but
I dont know where to look?  The kernel im running has both SMP and
APIC enabled.
Mobo/cpu:
ABIT BP6 mobo running dual 433mhz celerons
--
Kevin L. Kane
kevin.kane at gmail.com