What is DF aimed at?

Scott Ullrich geekgod at geekgod.com
Sat Jun 3 20:38:52 PDT 2006

Gergo Szakal wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 19:25:37 -0400
Scott Ullrich <geekgod at xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Scott Ullrich wrote:

Gergo Szakal wrote:

FYI, the leader of m0n0wall, talking about the feature of his OS
mentioned that DragonFlyBSD is not even taken into consideration by
him to base his system on, 'cause it's 'desktop oriented.'

Actually that is partially untrue.   Fred Wright said this...

Sorry, meant to show the URL:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list-dev/showmsg.php?id=12/75

Manuel still hasn't really weighed in on DragonFly from what I have
gathered.   And you can say that I somewhat pay close attention to
m0n0wall due to starting the pfSense project ;)  At any rate, this is
now getting way off topic, sorry for the noise.

Scott

'The primary foci are as follows:

	FreeBSD:	Servers
	NetBSD:		Portability
	OpenBSD:	Security and Reliability
	Dragonfly	Desktops'
Maybe I misinterpret, but I really don't want to argue about this. The devs know what their purposes are, and me, the user know what mine are. I don't care about others. So far DF seems a superb system for me, and I like if the purposes of a project are sharply outlined (improper English). So far I had only 1 problem that I could not resolve, but that is pkgsrc-wip related. The HDD containing my install is in the 2nd machine and works flawlessly.

Dragonfly is all about bringing clustering to the masses.   It is pretty
well outlined in our goals section.